Monday, October 11, 2010

Technique - Chalk Lines

I love my chalks - i have all the colors available to me at an affordable price.  I made this card to try the chalk lines technique.  The only change i made to the technique was instead of rubbing my chalks around the cardstock in circular motions i rubbed them in alternating rectangles across the paper (only orange and black).  There are great web tutorials of this technique on you tube - type in stampin up chalk lines.  I then threw the card together with some basic punch art.  Hope this inspires you to take out your chalks

TIP - when i use my chalks -to prevent smearing and finger prints i spray the cardstock after with a sealant used by artists for pastels and charcoal drawings - it is very toxic and must be used outdoors but works well.

TIP - when i use my chalks -to prevent smearing and finger prints i spray the cardstock after with a sealant used by artists for pastels and charcoal drawings - it is very toxic and must be used outdoors but works well.

4 comments:

  1. Great spooky card!
    Love background!
    Thanks for joining us at the Ellephantastic this week!
    Hugs!
    Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the chalk lines very effective. Perfect card for our spooky challenge!
    Thank you for playing along with us this week, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the bats.
    Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete